04 November 2012

The return of the lost image

As I was walking in Geitawi today, enjoying the car free event, little did I know that I will see a picture I took in 2003 exhibited, on the Jesuit garden walls as part of the event.


In 2005, when I started the blog, I had posted some photos from Maaser El Chouf, check them here, this one was missing.

What is the importance of one picture in this image-saturated digital age?

This same picture was exhibited by Alba, my university at the time, in another exhibition about Maaser El Choof, and I had given them the negatives, or the film roll, to do the printing for the exhibition and I never took it back, as it was "lost". Meanwhile, someone arranged the archives I believe, and they have found and preserved the scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment